Lavender is the most widely recognized botanical for its essential oil production and is considered the ‘golden botanical’ of Essential Oil Therapy. Lavender is known for its skin healing properties and was traditionally used in folklore medicine for its calming abilities on minor skin issues such as scrapes, burns and insect bites. Lavender is also known to provide beneficial properties that promote relaxation and relieve tension.
There are many types of lavender, and the aromatic changes from one species to another based upon altitude, soil conditions, weather, temperature and other growing conditions. Our French lavender has a very low camphor content with a fresh, yet strong floral aroma.
• Diffuse lavender before bedtime to promote relaxation and calm.
• Add a few drops to freshen the laundry.
• Keep lavender on hand in a first-aid kit to assist in calming bug bites/stings.
• Combine lavender and aloe to help soothe scrapes and burns.
• Add a few drops to your favorite aroma jewelry or personal care product.
• Dilute lavender in a carrier oil of 1-4% for topical application.
Dilute essential oils appropriately in a carrier oil before topical application. May cause skin irritation. Patch test a small skin area with diluted oil prior to use. Avoid eye and mucous membrane contact. External use only. Basic Earth Essentials does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless you are working with a qualified health practitioner trained in the use of Clinical Essential Oil Therapy. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
The information contained herein is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.