Tea Tree has been used for centuries by the native Australian people in traditional medicinal practices. The essential oil has grown in popularity and is now widely used in hair care, oral hygiene, acne and anti-fungal products. Tea tree has a medicinal, fresh aroma, and can be used to promote a noticeable change in air quality. Historically, tea tree was appreciated for its cleansing properties and was used to clean homes, especially bathrooms, kitchens and rooms of the sick. The essential oil offers support for the immune system and can help soothe minor skin blemishes.
$6.00 – $12.00
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Part Used: Leaves/Twigs
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Note Class: Middle
• Diffuse tea tree to give the room a clean-fresh smell.
• Add a few drops to freshen the laundry.
• Add tea tree to moisturizing carrier oil and massage into scalp.
• Place a drop of tea tree in 8 oz water and use as a mouth rinse.
• Add a few drops to your favorite aroma jewelry or personal care product.
• Dilute tea tree in a carrier oil of 1-4% for topical application.
Dilute essential oils appropriately in a carrier oil before topical application. May cause skin irritation. Patch test a small skin area with diluted oil prior to use. Avoid eye and mucous membrane contact. External use only. Basic Earth Essentials does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless you are working with a qualified health practitioner trained in the use of Clinical Essential Oil Therapy. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
The information contained herein is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.